Welcome to the “Cybersecurity for the Clinician” Video Training Series
Presented by the Health Sector Coordinating Council Cybersecurity Working Group
Video on Demand!
For an introductory preview of the first of 8 training videos, go to our HSCC YouTube Channel https://youtu.be/rS0gT6bIiYw. For institutions and companies wanting to download the eLearning-compatible file for use in your enterprise training program, we would appreciate your registering below. With your permission we would solicit your feedback about the effectiveness of the videos and ask whether you would be willing to share the total number of your employees having completed the series. We would hope to contact you ideally no more than quarterly for that measure (no names nor other personal information wanted) so we can assess its visibility and utility. Any feedback routines will accommodate your policy.
The “Cybersecurity for the Clinician” video training series totaling 47 minutes among eight videos explains in easy, non-technical language what clinicians and students in the medical profession need to understand about how cyber attacks can affect clinical operations and patient safety, and how to do your part to help keep healthcare data, systems and patients safe from cyber threats.
The series is good for one CME/CEU credit hour. Using these training videos also may satisfy documentation requirements of the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule, the National Fire Protection Association and The Joint Commission for facility Hazard Vulnerability Analysis and Risk Analysis and Training.
“Cybersecurity for the Clinician” is a free, public-service resource developed by the Health Sector Coordinating Council Cybersecurity Working Group – a coalition of healthcare providers, medical technology, pharmaceutical, payers and health IT companies working with the government to identify and mitigate cyber threats to the healthcare system.
The new version 3.0 Cyber Security for the Clinician source is lightweight and flexible for both admins and end users. Easily distribute the entire course, slow release bite-size video slides, or just send out the final quiz to certify your existing experts. The new series now allows users to pause and rewind the video playback for more engaging learning, and includes closed captions for users with a need or preference to read along.
For the series of SCORM zip files for your learning management system, please register below. For institutions featuring the series on your LMS, we would appreciate being permitted to contact you no more frequently than monthly to request the total number of recorded views of the series on your system. Feedback routines will accommodate your policy.
Please complete the form below the Learning Management Files (scorm) links
Competencies Introduced in Video Series
- Basic cybersecurity literacy
- Apply principles of cyber hygiene and best practices to healthcare/medical technologies and their application environment to mitigate risk and ensure safe practice and care
- The role and risks of connectivity in healthcare technology
- Known consequences of vulnerabilities in healthcare technology
- Awareness of the specific role responsibilities and response in case of a cybersecurity incident
- Understanding of healthcare technologies that support clinical practice, their application environment and associated risks
- Protecting patient information and ensuring confidentiality
- Understanding of rules/regulations and requirements for safe use of healthcare technologies and their application environment
- Recognizing and responding to personal social engineering / fraudulent requests for information; e.g.; phishing
- Account management (e.g., use of work account on social media sites)
- Email management and security
- Emergency planning requirements and patient care absent access to the EHR