REPORT ON IMPROVING CYBERSECURITY IN THE HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY
Members of the Task Force
The following 21 individuals constitute the membership of the Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force established in March 2016.
- Task Force Co-Chair Emery Csulak, MS, CISSP, PMP, Chief Information Security Officer, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Task Force Co-Chair Theresa Meadows, MS, RN, CHCIO, FHIMSS, FACHE, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Cook Children’s Health Care System
- Joshua Corman, Co-Founder, I Am The Cavalry
- George DeCesare, JD, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Risk Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Anura Fernando, Principal Engineer, Medical Software and Systems Interoperability Health Sciences Division, UL LLC
- David Finn, CISA, CISM, CRISC, Health Information Technology Officer, Symantec Corp.
- Mark Jarrett, MD, MBA, MS, Senior Vice President and Chief Quality Officer, Northwell Health and Professor of Medicine, Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine
- Laura Laybourn, Senior Advisor, Office of Cyber and Infrastructure Analysis, National Protection and Programs Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Michael McNeil, Global Product Security and Service Officer, Philips Healthcare
- Dan McWhorter, Vice President and Chief Intelligence Strategist, FireEye, Inc.
- Roy Mellinger, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CIM, Vice President, IT Security and Chief Information Security Officer, Anthem, Inc.
- Jacki Monson, JD, CHC, CHPC, Vice President, Chief Privacy and Information Security Officer, Sutter Health
- Ram Ramadoss, MBA, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CIPP, Vice President, CRP Privacy and Information Security and EHR Compliance Oversight, Catholic Health Initiatives
- Terry Rice, Vice President, IT Risk Management and Chief Information Security Officer, Merck & Co.
- Vito Sardanopoli, CISM, CISSP, CISA, Senior Director of Enterprise Security Services and Governance, Quest Diagnostics
- Rob Suarez, Director of Corporate Product Security, BD
- Kevin Stine, Chief, Applied Cybersecurity Division, Information Technology Laboratory,
National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Christine Sublett, MA, CISSP, CIPT, CRISC, CGEIT, Chief Information Security Officer and Head of Compliance, Augmedix, Inc.
- Lauren Thompson, PhD, Director, Interagency Program Office, Defense Health Management Systems, Department of Defense / Department of Veterans Affairs
- David Ting, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Imprivata, Inc.
- Fred Trotter, Data Journalist, CareSet Systems
The members of the Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force would like to thank all of the individuals and organizations that contributed the development of this report. Contributors include: Stephen Curren, Aftin Ross PhD, MAJ (U.S. Army) William B. Marsh RN, Thad Odderstol, Alissa Johnson PhD., Jason Cameron, Donna Dodson, Ben Flatgard, Kathryn Martin, Nickol Todd, Rose-Marie Nsahlai, Stephen Niemczak, Lucia Savage, Adam Sedgewick, Malikah Smith, Richard Struse, Scott Vantrease, Mark Weber, Nicole Edison, Margie Zuk, Penny Chase, Darren Leitsch, Joanna Centola, Kenneth Trumpoldt, Ryan Marinella, and Christopher Hernandez.
The Task Force would also like to express its gratitude to the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Homeland Security, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology for their work to establish and support the Task Force throughout its efforts.